Will you be ready for Lambing season?
The image of a polytunnel as a poor man's shed no longer applies with the advancements in structure design, covering materials development and engineering techniques. Polytunnels are an inexpensive alternative to traditional buildings. As one of our customers said "the best thing we have ever purchased".
Northern Polytunnels has adapted the basic polytunnel structure and replaced the clear sheet with a cooler option 720g white polythene, large access doors and side vents. Side ventilation is used to reduce heat when lambing sheep are brought in over the winter period.
Some of the differing approaches to modern sheep management and breeding are aimed at achieving an edge over competitors, to gain a price advantage at auction, or to breed quality stock. Not all breeds are created in the same way, so tunnel structures are fixtures can vary depending on the needs and variations of the stock.
Our sheep structures are one of the strongest on the market using 60mm diameter galvanised tubing and heavy duty foundation tubes, 2 piece hoops (much stronger than 3 and 4 piece hoops supplied by some of our competitors) and 5' hoop spacing's.
When selecting the right structure for your flock there are a few things to consider (apart from the budget!).
- 1.1 sqm (10.8 sqft') per ewe
- An area for sick animals
- Access to pens (walkway)
We appreciate that the lambing season is a short period and have found customers using our structures out of season for hay / general storage and a dry place for shearing making it a year round investment.
Or for full spec details and standard prices please read our Sheep Housing Flyer or download here
- Steel: 60mm diameter Z35 and heavy gauge steel hot dip galvanized to BS EN ISO 1461:2009
- Foundation tubes: Heavy duty foundation tubes
- Cover: 720g polythene
- Straight sides: 3’6" (1.07m)
- Height: 12’ (3.66m)
- Widths: 30’ (9.14m) 27' (8.24m) 24' (7.31m) 21' (6.4m) 18' (5.5m)
- Length: any length in increments of 5’ (1.52m)
- Manufacture: British Made - Manufactured in-house.
- Construction: Optional construction service with minimum disruption.
- Instalation: Easy to install – full set of construction instructions supplied.
Please contact our sales team for a quote, more information or advice.