Covered Cantilever Racking
- Warehousing Solutions
- Additional Factory Floor Space
Covered Cantilever Racking
The Covered Cantilever Racking is the ideal solution for optimising stock efficiency and reducing your storage footprint. Perfect for external storage where factory and warehouse space is limited. Ideal for storing long and heavy items such as beams, profiles, pipes and timber.
Rack Clad Buildings offer a considerable saving against a traditionally-constructed building with racking purchased separately. Reduced construction time and limited ground preparation compared to traditional warehousing solutions, makes a Rack-Clad building a worthwhile investment. Increasing ROI and maximising available time, profit and space.
These structures are faster to erect and require a fraction of the ground preparation compared to traditional storage buildings. The structures are designed to be bolted onto solid concrete slabs, reducing construction time and cost.
NP Structures’ cantilever racking is designed to be more robust than conventional racking, due to its requirement to form part of the building’s structure.
Clad in heavy-duty PVC-coated fabric, and featuring our unique StripFix® cladding system, the Covered Cantilever Racking provides exceptional weather resistance for external storage applications.
Our unique StripFix® system allows the cover to be more effectively tensioned, protecting against weather damage and creating a drum-skin tight finish. Designed to be sheeted in 2m wide PVC strips which are slid into position and individually tensioned, this allows construction to be completed in all weather conditions faster and easier than as a single sheet. Individual strips allow cost-effective maintenance of your canopy and is easily repaired where required.
Cladding Options - Sides:
• All steel sheet cladding
Cladding Options - Gables:
• Door Gable: Steel sheet cladding with PVC 'D' Panel, heavy-duty PVC wind-up door.
• Door Frame only option
• Rear Gable: Steel sheet cladding with PVC 'D' Panel.
• Security and weather protection for externally stored products
• Shorter supply and installation lead time compared to traditional buildings
• Fully modular system – easily extended, relocated or reduced
• Faster Installation Time | Reduced Construction Costs | Lower Operation Costs
• Low-Cost | Faster ROI | Minimum Ground Preparation
• Lower Insurance Premiums | Lower Ratable Value
• Maximise Storage Space | High storage capacity
• Temporary Warehousing Solution Manufactured to Permanent Building Regulations | Long or Short Term Solution
Arm length= 1000mm or 1250mm
Max Load per arm= 1000kg
Maximum Total Column Load = 10000kg
Single - 10000kg
Double - 20000kg
Our Racking systems comply to the following Standards:
• BS EN 1991-1-3:2003: General Actions, Snow Loads.
• NA to BS EN 1991-1-3:2003: UK National Annex to Eurocode 1: General Actions, Snow Loads.
• BS EN 1993-1-4:2005: General Actions, Wind Loads.
• NA to BS EN 1991-1-4:2005+A1:2010: UK National Annex to Eurocode 1: General Actions, Wind Actions.
• BS 7837:1996 (2015) and DIN 4102 (B1): Specification for flammability performance for textiles used in the construction of marquees and similar textile structures.
• DESIGNED TO AND EXCEEDS FEM STANDARDS - On recent tests at the University of Salford - School of Science, Engineering & the Environment - Commercial Enterprise Unit, our racking arm not only met the FEM requirements but exceeded.
The columns and bases are manufactured from heavy-duty universal beams.
Arms can be fitted to either side of the columns forming double or single-sided racks, with a height adjustment of 125mm intervals.
Our standard arms are capable of 1000kg per arm and each upright has been designed to take a maximum load of 10,000kg per column.
See below for the various options available.
Height of column
Length of arms
|Product||Overall Height||Length||Width||Height to the Eaves||Column Spacings||Column Finish||Arm Finish||Side Cladding|
|Covered Cantilever Racking||7.5m||Starts from 4m in 2m increments||
|6m||1m, 1.2m, 1.5m, 2m||
Powder Coated - Other colours available*
Powder Coated – Standard NP colour to RAL2011 Deep Orange (Gloss) - Other colours available*
Corrugated Tin Sheeting
*We’re happy to accommodate any colour request though this will mean a longer lead time, a minimum order quantity and all colour request orders are noncancellable.
NP Structures' Cantilever Racking offers unique design features such as our Easy-Click heavy-duty connection arms, that are hooked vertically into the upright, creating a flexible position that does not require bolting in place. The hooking arms are designed for easier storage management and to prevent damage to the support arm and uprights.
Although racking is adjustable, once the beams are slotted into position, an inter-locking structure of great strength and rigidity is maintained.
The Easy-Click arms are easily configurable to adjust to different heights with a load capacity of 1000kg per arm. Pivoting arms prevent unnecessary damage caused to the framework that could occur when moving machinery.
Available in Galvanised Steel or Powder Coated Orange.